In my last post, I touched on the importance of B2B Content Creation and more specifically B2B Blogging, which is the easiest way to create B2B content. Today, I will touch on a few reasons why Marketers should consider video content creation and Youtube to get found online by the right prospects.
In God We Trust; All Others Must Bring Data
W. Edwards Deming’s quote is used on occasion at the HubSpot office. I’m a firm believer in making decisions based on data. That said, here are some data points marketers should consider on creating video content for Youtube:
2 Billion views a day
3rd most visited website (Alexa)
Localized in 23 countries across 24 different languages
15 The average number of minutes people spend on the site each day
24 Hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute
45 Million home page impressions every day Update: YouTube has clarified that this is the number of daily impressions in the US alone
70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S.
100 Years of video scanned by copyright managent technology, Content ID, every day
1700 Years it would take you to watch the hundreds of millions of videos on YouTube
B2B Video Content Ideas
- How-To Videos: Educate prospects. Teaching prospects about the problems that your products and services solve is extremely important. If a company has the greatest product of all time, but prospects don’t understand the fundamental problem that the product solves, then the company is in deep trouble. Youtube is the second largest search engine behind Google and when people query youtube, they are ASKING QUESTIONS and are looking for ANSWERS. Videos that educate and teach a prospect how to solve a problem that they have will add instant value to the prospect and credibility to the b2b video content marketer. Prospects are much more likely to embed a How-To Youtube video onto their blog which will add to your credability (and SEO – inbound links).
- Product DEMO: Have online videos that clearly demonstrate the value add of your product.
- Fun Topics: Focus on fun topics related to your industry. People are more likely to share happy, fun, likable video content.
- Customer Testimonials: If you have successful customers, let them share their success story to the world with a short video (2-3 minutes in length). Video Tesitmonials is a form of Social Proof and adds credibility to your company. If XYZ competitor company is successful, then you can be successful, too!
- Viral Video Contest: Let your prospects and customers create content for you! Have a legitimate contest and prize that will entice prospects to create video’s on your company’s behalf. For example, the iPad is in high demand right now and tech enthusiests will be compelled to take a stab at a viral video in the hopes of winning an iPad.
Key B2B Marketing Takeaways
- Video Content is in Demand.
- The majority of internet usage is via video content
- Start Producing Video Content today to Get Found by more qualified prospects and convert them into leads
Liked this? Get free updates! Subscribe via RSS or